Friday, April 13, 2012

BoBunny Weekend Market Layout


This layout features my very handsome five year old nephew, Anthony.  He’s a looker, isn’t he?  In this layout I used the following papers by Bo Bunny:  Weekend Market Dot, Weekend Market Vintage Labels, and Weekend Market Stripe (shown below from left to right).


So here is the layout...


I used the Weekend Market Vintage Labels backside as the base –leaving it at 12x12.  I then used Weekend Market Dot as an oversized mat.  Since Anthony’s photo is an 8x10, I wanted a large mat, otherwise the picture would swallow the entire layout –a large mat diffuses attention from the size of the picture.


I’m sort of an intricate cutter, you will see in my layouts that I cut a lot of paper in detail and use it to embellish.  That’s exactly what I did with the Weekend Market Stripe Paper.  I used the backside which had a beautiful edge on it with all sorts of delicate looking flowers and scroll work.  I cut that portion out of the paper and used it as an edge on my layout.  To give it some dimension, I used pop dots rather than just adhering it down flat. 

Here’s a close up of the embellishments.  The great thing about Maya Road is that they have so much “tiny” stuff that you can cluster together and make beautiful little islands of loveliness on your projects.  That’s what I did here.  The piece of chipboard on the edge of the envelope was distressed using Broken China distress ink and then I stamped over it with a script stamp by Tim Holtz.



Thanks for looking! All of the material used in this layout is available at The Crafty Scrapper.   - Sonia 

No comments: