Saturday, March 22, 2008

Stamp Album (A Hybrid Project)

When I was at The Crafty Scrapper, I noticed this great Maya Roads Album. I thought it would be the perfect size.

I painted it with red paint. I also added these great handles from 7 Gypsies. I made a hole with my crop-o-dile and just squeezed the little studs. Then handles can be placed on the inside or the outside of the album.

I was going to let Sam play with all of my stamps and take a picture of him for the cover, but I thought that would take too much clean up. So I extracted his picture in PSE4 and added digital doodles, stamps and paint to him. I used Weeds and Wildflowers "A Better Me" and the "Celebrating Color Series."

For the inside of the book, I took the cover of the unmounted stamps and scanned them onto a transparency. I then cut off the title of the package and the vin. I thought this would be great to have in one spot in case I ever decide to submit something for publication. Then I wouldn't have to search for the information, it would all be right in one spot. The stamps cling great to the transparency.

When this book is in the shelf I can see the title on the binding. But, this book is portable. These handles make it easy to grab the binder and off I go. I plan to make one of these for each of my stamping categories. I may also make one for travel where I can just slap in the sheets of the stamps I need for the different crops.

With Maya Roads and these great handle from 7 Gypsies, the possibilities are endless.




On a totally unrelated note, today I took Sam to the Easter Egg Hunt at Colonial. He looked very cute. He couldn't find a basket he liked. So I painted an apple bushel basket to look like a tiger. Sam added the little Tiger from a store that shall remain nameless and we added lots of ribbon. BTW- If you need ribbon, The Crafty Scrapper has gotten in some of the most beautiful ribbon in the world. If you are a ribbon junkie like me, you are going to want to go check it out!

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Great idea for that album. Looks like a busy day looking for eggs. Tigers is cute for Easter, especially for a young man. Thanks for the great story