Friday, January 24, 2014

Thick and Thin Card Crafting with Tina

Hello, it's Tina, teacher and designer, 
here today to share with you  three cards I made with some 
fabulous products from The Crafty Scrapper!

Before I show you my cards, I want to give you a little background. I was given a packet of various papers and embellishments. I quickly realized that thick embellishments were going to challenge my card making style. I am one that actually sends my cards in the mail, so I am always conscience of the thickness. But, after looking around for some ideas, I decided it would be fun to make some thicker cards. I just have to know that the thicker ones are going to be the ones that will be hand given not sent.


So, my first card to show you is a thick one, but oh, so pretty! And since I was going thick, I got to use my Tim Holtz Rosette die ... woo hoo. I almost always make a card from either a sketch or CASE (copy and share everything) one that I see that I like. 
There were flowers in my packet but I wanted the color to be brighter,so, I changed the color with a Copic!Easy Peasy!


This picture shows how thick the card is. One note, I have seen on blogs where they used a hot glue gun.  I have never used this form of adhesive until today!  I found it worked great to adhere the twine, flower, and rosette to my card!

 Adding that rose reminded me of a stamp! (Of course, it did!) So, I used the same papers and supplies to make a second card (a thin one)! See how different one central image can change the cards look! 


For my third card, I decided to go with a Valentine theme.The chipboard heart and "always' really sparkles with that red glitzy glitter from Elizabeth Crafts! I wanted to add something to her dress, so I used the Copic Colorless Blender to add the dots!


  All supplies can be found or ordered at The Crafty Scrapper.


The cards can be seen in person at the store.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy Stamping!
Tina

2 comments:

craftyscrapper said...

Love the cards! Several customers bought stuff to make your cards, thanks Tina!

A SASSY SCRAPPER said...

What DARLING cards, Tina! So sweet and charming. Love them ALL!