Tuesday, January 28, 2014

What's In Your Pocket??? Part One

 Hello, it's Tina here today to share part one of a three part series
of pocket cards!

I made three cards, all created with cool pockets on the front!

Here is card #1




My first pocket card features awesome paper from Authentique. It is actually a baby line, but not today!  What that means, is that when you are at the store, don't limit yourself to only looking at papers in one area!  Since I rarely make a card without stamps,  I thought this wonderful butterfly stamped image, by Inky Antics, was a perfect pairing with the Maya Road wood birdcage embellishment.  I colored the birdcage with a  Copic marker and I love the effect! 

 Above view shows the tag being pulled from the pocket.  I want to make a note about the green ribbon.  The front side was a bright green that really didn't match the paper, so I flipped it over.  The nice edges at the top of the tag, were created with the We R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board- in stock at the store.


Every card I make, I always make sure to have a place to write my card message.  Above shows my standard inside, measuring 3 3/4" x 5. The card can be sent for many occasions, so I have left it blank so that I might add my sentiment later.  But, it is so important to finish the inside when you are making your card.  This will save you time later looking for the right papers to match when you go to send it.

My card can be seen in person at The Crafty Scrapper.  
Get a list of supplies used on this card when you stop in. 

Thanks for stopping by today!
Be sure to stop back by tomorrow and Thursday for
Parts Two and Three in the Pocket Card Series!


Happy Stamping!
Tina





2 comments:

Robin Marshall Clark said...

I love this card! I can't wait to give this idea a try. Thanks for sharing!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Love the pocket! Beautiful card!