Saturday, April 12, 2014

Design Team Challenge With Tina

Hello, it's Tina here, to bring you my challenge project using
all the wonderful products from The Crafty Scrapper.

My everyday choice of papercrafting is cardmaking, but not today! 
My project is a three-dimensional birdhouse that I made from scratch, using chipboard.  Wow.  I am not sure where the idea came from for a birdhouse.  I think it might have been all the half moon shaped chipboard pieces that we were required to use.  Laying them out on top of each other, made me think of a roof, and I went with it!  I got a pattern for the front shape from the internet and enlarged it.  I repeated the size for the back.  The roof line was the width of the scallop half moon shaped pieces we were required to use in the challenge.  I used more of the half moon shaped pieces on the sides, this time cutting them to resemble shingles.  I sponged some gray Distress Ink on them and used an embossing folder to add a wavy pattern.  Each panel was covered with scrapbook paper before adhering together.  I also added a base to make it sturdier. 


  Our challenge was to use every item in the bag.  There were tickets, a pearl chain, chipboard pieces like hearts, birds, and words, rhinestone shapes like a butterfly and a tree, a paper doily, tiny wooden spools, and buttons, an acrylic square, and ribbon.  All of these items I either added to the base or to the wire that I added to the roofline of the birdhouse.


I used wooden bamboo sticks and the pearl chain to create a fence on two of the sides, and the sign that says "home tweet home" out of tickets.  The base elements were the ones that got adhered with some hot glue, but to cover the glue up, I added Flower Soft at the base of each stick.  I also love the rhinestone tree in the small spool to look like a planter. The wire gave me a great place to add the rest of  the challenge elements, like the doily, the birds, the simply real words, and the ribbon.  All of the chipboard shapes and the paper doily were inked with distress inks for some color. There was one last element and that was that acrylic square.  That one piece was a challenge!  I made it a window on the back of the house.  I added a small window box filled with Flower Soft!  Perfect!
You can see my birdhouse in person when you stop in at the store!
And check out my blog today, for more details and photos.

Happy Stamping!
Tina    



No comments: