Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Design Team Challenge with Shelley

Shelley here, with a Sweet Treat, just in time for Valentine's Day!   This is my entry for the Design Team Challenge!

I've made a few Valentine's Day Magnets, and decorated a jar to put a few treats in!


For the jar, I took a doilly and sprayed it with Shimmering Mist.  After it dried, I covered the inside metal lid, and put the ring around it.  These fabulous cupcakes were made with the "Delightful Cupcakes" Die-Namites Die and some thin metal.  They look good enough to eat!


Here are the magnet-valentines I made!

I started with chipboard pieces.  On the scalloped piece, I used Inka Gold in "Lava Red".  This provided a nice base to start with!  For the top chipboard piece, I used a piece of Cotswald Manor paper.  The "Heart Bouquet" is another awesome die from Die-Namites!  To give the little chipboard bird a little bit of texture, I used the Viva Magic Transparent Pearl Pen.  I glued a piece of magnet on the back of the piece.  So, instead of giving a little Valentine's Day card, I will give my Valentines a little magnet that will have them thinking of me just a little bit longer!


On this magnet, I used the "Delightful Cupcakes" diecut again!  I cut it in two different colors of metal, allowing me to have the cut-out parts in a different color, and then I glued them on!

I hope you enjoyed my project!  Please stop back in regularly to see what wonderful things The Crafty Scrapper has to share!!

~Shelley




1 comment:

Gingersnaps and Butterflies said...

I love this!! A very clever idea!