Monday, March 03, 2014

It's A Celebration with Melissa

It's a Celebration!!!!    Featuring the Carta Bella paper line... you guessed it, 'It's a Celebration!"

It happened again that when I opened the pack o papers and embellishments, my first thought was .. oh my this is so not my style.   It is good to continue to move outside your own predefined box.     Since I tend to work small, I created 2 layouts ...so read some now, grab some coffee and come back for the 2nd half. 

                                             Part I                                                                                    Part II

Part I was too much fun and really put my slicer dicer to the test.   Those that know me, know I measure NOTHING!!!!  
I am the queen of eye ballin'.  

The background paper is Timbergrove as I needed a solid to start the foundation.   You will recognize Dyan's leaf stamp and Wendi's scrolly corners (yes, I am on first name basis.. they on the other hand may or may not recognize me) 




You think I jest when I say Stickles makes the world a better place??  
I am also a hoarder of art supplies -- the stripy strip is from the grid at the bottom of the paper stating what pattern is on the reverse side -- yep, I am a dork.



This plain wooden heart button turned out WAYYY better than I thought -- Festive Berry Stain with Icicle Stickles...  the red bled thru for an AWESOME effect -- go by the store cuz my photography stinks!



Lastly, added the diamond bling and a dot o gold Stickles for his hat.  

Just like that, a fun vintage birthday ...  card?  board?  giant postcard??  


Part II

If you forgot Part II, just scroll up  - lol



Timbergrove background paper with handwriting stamped with Peeled Paint Distress ink.  

The striped Carta Bella paper run thru the Sizzix Hot Shot on Tim's Vintage frame
(yes, I do use that puppy A LOT!).  

Paper doily is inked with Mustard Seed Distress ink then stamped with the handwriting stamp.
Yellow star paper is also from the Carta Bella 'It's a celebration' line.



ok... so NOW it kinda looks like a peacock tail!!!!!   I don't think it does in person -- go see and let me know.  
The papers are still in the same line.   Maya Roads chipboard flowers are painted with Claudine Helmuth paint
then inked with the REAL ORIGINAL Vintage Photo and then spritzed with water - very cool effect. 
Same heart technique as described above.

Thanks for stopping by today!
Melissa





No comments: