Saturday, March 08, 2014

Independence Day Banner with Amy

Hi everyone in blogland! It is Amy here today to share a project with you.

  What is more awesome than celebrating the red, white, and blue?? I was so excited to open my design team package from The Crafty Scrapper and find this American-as-apple-pie paper from Echo Park and Authentique. I love making holiday banners for my door and my one from last July 4th met with an untimely accident so this was perfect! This also reminds me to be thankful to our soldiers and look forward to those summer days that are surely going to come again!



The background  scalloped pieces are covered with Tim Holtz Distressed Stain (Brushed Pewter).


I constructed the 3D stars out of a Maya Road star key chain and Maya Road spools to give them depth. I then covered the stars with the starburst stencil and Wendy Vecchi silver embossing paste.


I love the bling on these, it makes me think of fireworks in the sky.



The rhinestone stars are also Tim Holtz and the fabulous bling is Want 2 Scrap.



My favorite piece of this banner!! I made these fireworks by stacking Maya Road spools and rolling them in strips of the different paper. I made the fuses for the fireworks out of the stems of flowers I had saved and I just painted them black and curled them around my paper piercer!

You can find all the supplies you need to make this banner at my favorite scrappin' place - The Crafty Scrapper.

Happy Scrappin'!

Amy


"Mothers Day Bouquet"
Spring is on its way and the flowers are blooming. My favorite flowers are hydrangeas,  I have added several different variety's to each of my gardens. Stop by and pick one for your "Mothers Day Bouquet" then hop on over to see my friends athttp://www.dallascraftersmarathon.com/ and collect more flowers for your bouquet.

HOW to WIN:
Beginning March 6th - 9th, simply visit each blog, become a follower of their blog or sign up for their newsletter. Read the post and look for a flower (a different flower will be mentioned at each destination). As you hop from site to site, you must collect ALL the FLOWERS! When you are done, you will send your name and a list of all the flowers in your bouquet to: 
     pickmebouquet@gmail.com
Your email becomes your entry for the  "Mothers Day Bouquet" Prize Drawing!!! Remember in order to win you must be signed up as a follower on the blog or newsletter, its as easy as 1-2-3, follow the links above.

ALL WINNERS will be announced on Tuesday 11th

Good Luck to you ALL and 

THANK YOU for supporting Small Business
 and shopping (and hopping) local!

3 comments:

amfuller said...

LOVE the patriotic banner! Will there be a kit available?

A SASSY SCRAPPER said...

Great decorations for 4th of July festivities!!!

craftyscrapper said...

Love this banner! Great job Amy.