Monday, March 24, 2014

Little Monster Mini Album with Amy


Hi guys, it's Amy here today to share a peek into a fun project using Bo Bunny's Our Little Monster paper line.

I am a huge fan of all things Bo Bunny. So I was more than a little excited to get this paper in my design team box. Most of you know I came into my stepson's life when he was a little older, and sadly I don't have toddler pictures of him that would have been so appropriate here! The next best thing? The beastie's little boy that I have known since he was a premature newborn weighing in at less than 2 pounds!! These pictures capture the essence of who he is and the "little monster" theme is how we think of him. He says the cutest things, the does the cutest things, he's just a hoot.
Just a look into the beginning of the creative process...it's messy and never quite turns out the way you think it will!


Here is the cover of the Maya Road canvas and chipboard album I chose to use for this project. I used Dylusions inks to mess up the canvas as the background. The B is for Boy came from the paper line, I don't usually like fussy cutting but this worked on the cover.  You'll see in later pictures how I made used the monster in the back of the book that played into what you see at the front of the book!



This is the first page inside the album, and my favorite. I kept it simple here, a Maya Road scroll and a handmade flower - letting the picture take center stage. See the button with the paper around them? That is a Maya Road kraft paper doily, cut down to the scallop part and used to make a flower!



Sometimes when doing an album I catch myself feeling like all the pages look the same. They don't  - but that's the tricks a tired brain can play on you. When I need to shake that off I do an "inside cover". A page that doesn't have a picture but that still works with the album. The monster on the paper, along with the Maya Road "&", seemed a good fit and the bow tie I gave him just makes me smile.



Finally to the monster!! This canvas mini album comes with two canvas pockets that can be put in the ring binder or, as I did here, used elsewhere. I put one in the front of the album with the word "keepsake" spelled out on it to give my bestie a place to put pictures. This one I glued to the back of the book and tucked the monster into him.

Hope y'all enjoy! This project is on display at The Crafty Scrapper. Stop by and take a peek.

Happy Scrappin'!

Amy

No comments: