Wednesday, February 27, 2013

DT Sonia's camera album......


Hello bloggers! As most of you know, I love-love-love to take photos! So when I saw all of the new neat camera related papers and embellishments and chipboard out there I was beyond stoked. Fortunately for me, the ladies at The Crafty Scrapper hooked me up with brand new Bo Bunny Mama-Razzi 2 papers and brand new Maya Road! This album was beyond fun to put together...I hope you love it too!

I don't often get to make mini books about my trips so I thought I'd take advantage of this opportunity. Last year I went on several trips including a very dreary trip to New Orleans. It rained THE ENTIRE TIME we were there. :( But I still managed to get out and about and snap a few photos. Although I didn't get to some of the places I really wanted to revisit or visit for the first time, I think I still managed to capture the Spirit of the Big Easy with the time that Mother Nature allowed. The first thing I did was pick out all of the photos that I might possibly use. The next step was converting them to square images and adding a Polaroid border. Since the Maya Road Say Cheese Camera Album looks like a vintage Polaroid style camera, I thought it would be fitting. Although I scaled the images down so that they were not full size or Polaroid size photos, they were still super cute and functional for this "mini". Once I had the photos reformatted and printed, I was ready to get started!

But wait! Before I get into the nitty gritty, I really want to showcase the following papers from Bo Bunny's Mama-Razzi 2 line because they really made the project come together beautifully and if I had not bought these, I think my project could have had the potential to fall flat.


From left to right we have the Mama-Razzi 2 Stickers, Contrast, and Darkroom. I used A LOT of these stickers to make my own embellishments and I used the papers to make pockets and overlays on just about every single page. Okay, NOW we can truly get started...

 
***DON'T FORGET THAT YOU CAN CLICK ON EACH IMAGE TO ENLARGE IT!***
 


This is the cover of the mini. As I mentioned before --the chipboard album is by Maya Road and it is the "Say Cheese Camera Album". The entire book is covered with Bo Bunny paper from the Mama-Razzi 2 line and all of the edges were inked up with Vintage Photo Distress Ink by Ranger. The paper speaks for itself, it's beautiful. The only thing I added to this paper was the stamped image on the upper right side of cover (around the flash). That stamp is by Bo Bunny, also from this line. The tin in the center is by Maya Road and I added a sticker from the sticker sheet I shared above. Kudos to The Crafty Scrapper Manager, Gena Glover, for giving me that idea. The image in the tin is a piece of film that makes a heart --clever! I did cover the flash with Mustard Seed Distress Ink and then lathered it with Distress Crackle Rock Candy. The green film strip is also a sticker from the Mama-Razzi 2 line. I adhered it to a piece of cardstock and then glued it right onto the cover. As for the cover photo, I wedged it into the cover to make it look like a Polaroid camera releasing a photo. You can see closeups in the images below.






I'm not going to show you every single page I think this book makes anywhere from 10-12 pages (I don't remember). I do however want to highlight the stamps that I used on this particular page. These stamps are by Maya Road from the Picture Perfect stamp set and the Perfect Shot Arrows stamp set. Now remember I said I used a lot of elements from the Bo Bunny Darkroom and Contrast papers? Well, I cut out these films strips from the Darkroom paper and then put my photos in the boxes. The strip that is shown in this photo had three boxes--I put photos in the top two and then folded the bottom one to use it on the next page...you will spot it in the following photos. ;)


I love this page. It has a lot of attitude and all around "fun" to it. Again, I used an image from the Darkroom page and I was careful and cut around the miniature Polaroid which I stamped the letter "d" on. This allowed me to stick a photo behind it. You will see this technique throughout the entire project. The "Oh Snap!" is from Bo Bunny's Mama-Razzi 2 stamp set.


One of my favorite elements from this page is the wooden Polaroid frame which is from the "You've Been Framed" by Maya Road. I stamped the words "Say Cheese" from the "Picture Perfect Cameras" stamp set by Maya Road and I stamped that on the film strip frame that I folded over from the previous page.


This page has a lot of charm too. The cork board tag is by Little Yellow Bicycle. Okay, how cute is that chipboard camera?!?!?!? It's so cute it's downright ridiculous! That's also by Maya Road from the "Say Cheese" collection.


Again, I cut out images from the Darkroom paper and cut around the cameras to make a pocket that holds about 5-6 mini Polaroids. This will allow onlookers to pull the photos right out and look through them. Then they can simply tuck them back into place. Mini pockets rock!!! Okay, that was super nerdy, wasn't it?

 

Yet another pocket made to share several photos per page. This pocket was made possible by the Contrast paper.


And another pocket! This particular pocket was made using the Contrast paper as well. I simply cut a slit along the top portion of the banner and was careful not to put glue on it when adhering it to the paper. Instant pocket!


Same technique with this pocket. This particular pocket was made using an image from Darkroom paper. The stamped filmstrips are from the Mama-Razzi 2 stamp set.

FIN!

I hope you enjoyed my project as much as I enjoyed bring it all together. Now go out and get this paper and all of the products I used because they're waiting for you at The Crafty Scrapper!

Peace, love, and camera stuff...

Ms. Ruin

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this album Sonia...you rock it!

Anonymous said...

would be an awesome class! Just saying...

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

What an album!!! So much detail!

TNChick said...

I have to agree- cool album and would be a great class!

TNChick said...

I have to agree- cool album and would be a great class!