Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A week of love..........

Time from time I have asked the design team to do a challenge, were I give each of the something to create with. This months challenge was a linen heart from Maya Road and it had to 1. have a photo of them 2. why they love art. I am going to start the week off this DT members Ginger Cameron and Patty Rogers. They both love Prima, lots of flowers and create amazing layouts. Be sure and check out there many projects on their blog.



This heart shape cloth was given to the Design Team at The Crafty Scrapper. We were asked to place our photo and the reason we scrapbook on it. This is going to be used to make a banner to hang in the store and on Facebook. Since the heart is only 4" wide I was rather limited on what I could say except For Love of Family. There are a lot of reasons to scrapbook but this is my main reason to show all the glorious photos of my family.

Here is a list of items that I used:


Maya Road Linen Heart
Prima Flowers
Maya Roads Stick Pins
Maya Roads Banner (2 rectangles)
Maya Roads Bird and small Heart
Americana Blue & Red Paint
Zva Pearls
Red & White berries - Hobby Lobby

Thanks for looking and please visit The Crafty Scrapper!
Ginger
 

This is a little project I did for The Crafty Scrapper Design Team. I used Linen Hearts Pieces by MAYA ROAD and painted one side with with gesso. Next, I used the paints listed below, painting with horizontal, then vertical, then back to horizontal strokes. In the area where I planned to do the calligraphy, I added more gesso, which smooths a rough surface, yet leaving it with a little "tooth". Also, I swiped a little bit of gold pigment ink here and there, across the canvas and used a gold pen to add gold around the edges of the heart. The inks and paints were allowed to dry for several hours.


Using a mask and modeling paste, I added a little textured romance in the upper right corner. After the modeling paste was dry I painted the little birds pink and added gold to the branches.

Using a fine point Sharpie, I hand lettered my thoughts about why I scrapbook. The 4"X4" hearts come as two sides stitched together, and I carefully cut a little slit up the back, added polyester stuffing and whip stitched it back together. After that, I hand stitched the tulle trim to the back of the heart and added the embellies to the front!

SUPPLIES USED:
Maya Road Linen Heart
Adirondack
Acrylic Paint Dabber, pink sherbet
Claudine Helmuth
Gesso
Crafter's Workshop Doodling Template
Birds of a Feather

Fairfield
Poly-Fil
Krylon Pen, gold
Liquitex
Modeling Paste
Trinket Pins, leaf and heart
Tule trim
Prima
Interlude Collection Flower Collection, Red
Mask
Resin Frame
Stampabilities
Pigment Ink Pad, gold
Tattered Angels
Glitter Glam, lipstick pink
Viva
Precious Metal Colour, rose pink
From my stash
seam binding tape


1 comment:

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

These are just gorgeous ladies!!! WOW!