Monday, June 23, 2014

Leaky Shed Studio with Anita H

For the next couple of weeks, we will all be highlighting some fabulous chipboard pieces from 
The Crafty Scrapper started stocking these amazing products a few months ago, so be sure
 to look for them when you stop by!


Hello Crafty Scrappers!!! Anita Houston of the Artful Maven Haven, to show you an awesome shaped piece of chipboard from Leaky Shed Studio. The company was generous to give each of the Design Team Members at The Crafty Scrapper, our choice of pieces, and I chose the Eiffel Tower. I love the sturdiness of it, and would love a much larger one...hint hint!!!
I was stumped for a base for this though, and after rummaging through a new bag of stash from The Crafty Scrapper, I found a package of Ten Seconds Studio's new Emboss-able Leather! Words cannot express how much I LOVE THIS STUFF!!! Leather might be my new go to base! Oh the possibilities!!!

 I cut an 8.5x4 inch piece of the leather, and trimmed it up into a jumbo sized #10 tag. I ran it through the Cuttlebug using the A and B plates, and Tim Holtz Sizzex Texture Fades, as it was too thick to go through my Vagabond. It embossed like butter! I love that the Eiffel Tower on the Texture Fade fits the Leaky Shed tower wonderfully. 
          
 Part of the leather collection from Ten Seconds Studio is the Cattle-ist Stains to color the leather. I LOVE them too! I used all three colors to stain my leather tag, using a soft moist cloth. Then I used the Glaze over the stain! EASY! 

 I wanted a little more definition of my embossed images, so I rubbed the pad of Ranger's Jet Black Archival directly over the tag to highlight the images, and then traced in some of the deeper impressions with a Uniball gold gel pen! LOVE!!! I added the Leaky Shed Eiffel Tower, and the tag really came to life! Then a few Prima Flowers (Colored with the Cattle-ist Stain and Gold Paint Dabber), and lots of Maya Road Metal Embellishments and Lace (Colored with the Cattle-ist Stain) finished the tag off.

 
 

 

If you want to see more close up photos, click on over to my blog. Thanks and have a great creative day!!!

To see this project and a list of supplies, be sure to stop by the store!

Don't forget, you have a few more days to link up your project for this months blog challenge!
We have a great prize up for grabs- so be sure to join in the fun.
Check out all the details HERE.



4 comments:

Redanne said...

Oh wow Anita, I loved seeing how you put this together, the leather is FABULOUS! It looks amazing when coloured and I love the beautiful Eiffel Tower, flowers and lace. A beautiful piece of art!

mamablitger said...

Anita... Your tag is just fabolous. Love the leather combined with embossing ! And the flowers, the lace and other embellishments.... Oh just made it perfect. LOVE it !!!
Thanks a lot for sharing !!!!
Hugs from SPAIN

Claudine said...

This is so cool Anita, I love it!! That leather is wonderful!!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

This faux leather is so wonderfully aged and textured! Wow! Amazing!