Thursday, June 19, 2014

Leaky Shed Studios and Patty


For the next couple of weeks, we will all be highlighting some fabulous chipboard pieces from 
The Crafty Scrapper started stocking these amazing products a few months ago, so be sure
 to look for them when you stop by!

Good morning, everyone! It's Patty again with a layout featuring a sweet Leaky Shed chipboard frame and Bo Bunny's lovely Enchanted Garden Collection.


 I have been spending a great deal of May and June in my garden, which I love doing. One feature in my garden is a Fairy Garden, which is something I have added to my "Favorite Things to Do" list. Miniatures have always been something that I like to collect and  share with friends, and Fairy Gardens fit perfectly into gardening and collecting miniatures.



A variety of techniques were used on this layout. Hand stitching took the greatest amount of time, but I also embossed, stenciled, fussy cut, painted, inked and did some 3-D work.


This beautiful frame is from Leaky Shed Studios. I loved working with it and imagining where each part of the vine would twist and turn... in and out, creating the frame. The frame came to life using markers in colors that would work well with the color scheme in the papers. I started by coloring the entire frame a light green, then used a variety of darker greens to add shadows.

For the banner across the top, I hand cut each pennant, punched holes, stitched and inked. Last, I ran baker's twine  through the holes and popped it up across the top of the scene.


Here's a little more 3-D and fussy cutting.  



The Prima flower received a little ink to make it perfect for this fanciful scene. Also, I inked and stickled the letters LOVE. The Maya Road wooden butterflies were inked, embossed and tied with colored wire from my stash, and the alpha stickers are by Glitz Design.




    Hope you have a sensational summer day and enjoy the "little things". Until next time.....Patty

No comments: