Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Leaky Shed Studios with Ginger

For the next couple of weeks, we will all be highlighting some fabulous chipboard pieces from 
The Crafty Scrapper started stocking these amazing products a few months ago, so be sure
 to look for them when you stop by!

 
Hi!  It's Ginger here with my newest layout!
Everyone was asked to pick their favorite piece to work with.
 Since I was born and raised in Texas and I love windmills that is what I chose!  

  My husband took this photo of the longhorn and I found a picture of these bluebonnets.  For those of you who do not know me and my family we came to Texas in 1854 and settled in East Texas.  I can trace my family tree which we go way way back and we have always been southerners.  In fact there are 5 generations alive today with my grandmother being 102 (still lives in her own apartment and renewed her drivers license) and my youngest grandchild just turned 3!  I love telling this story!!!  I was lucky to know her parents who were born in 1880's.  In fact I had two children born in the 1970's  when my great grandmother died!!  Perhaps I will be lucky to live a long and healthy life like most of my relatives.  Please say a prayer that I may be so lucky!!  Amen!!


I found in my stash burnt orange cardstock and these wonderful papers of old wood and this green and brown paper.   I distressed them both.  On the windmill I used two stains and after drying I used crackle paint.  I then found some cardstock and cut out the little bricks and the flourish.  I cut the large photo into a circle and added the longhorn picture.

Here are some close up!



Thank you for taking a look at my project which was a complete joy to make!  Please visit The Crafty Scrapper to see a lot of great projects and layouts!  You might even see this layout of mine!!!


Hugs – Ginger


No comments: