Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Whimsy Layout using Maya Road Trims


I really wanted to scrap this picture of my daughter sitting in this brilliant purple chair, but the new CHA releases just didn't have the bright colors I was looking for. My friend Brook pulled this Sassafras Lass paper out of her stash for me, and I knew right away it had the perfect whimsy for my photo (by Stephanie Wilson Photography)! :)




I cut this mini-banner out of the new birthday line "Cakewalk" by October Afternoon. I also outlined the hot-air balloon with Platinum Stickles. 


I added three layers of Maya Road trim, and I am not sure who makes the rainbow colored trim in there. Don't you love the purple stick pin through the ruffles? 





Then I added some buttons, and vintage milk caps I found on eBay. 



In the close-up you can see the button has a little bow, and I added gems to the milk-cap. 



This little butterfly button is by Crate Paper. I love it.

All my supplies except the Milk Caps came from The Crafty Scrapper. :)

Thanks for looking! 

No comments: