Sunday, May 01, 2011

Introducing Shelley Hamilton

Welcome one of our newest instructors: Shelley Hamilton! :)






"I live in Mansfield, Texas, just a short drive away from The Crafty Scrapper in Waxahachie. I love it there, and am very excited to have the opportunity to teach some upcoming classes.
I began scrapbooking around four years ago, and since then I have been thoroughly enjoying the hobby. I love spending time with my family, and then scrapping our photos. I scrap vacations, birthdays, sports, and practically everything else I can get my hands on. I like to try new techniques and use the newest stuff! I like making gifts for my family and friends.
I have been married to my wonderful husband, John for 10 years, and we have two children together. Our son, Evan is 9. He loves to play sports, and I love photographing him and scrapping those photos in mini albums. Our daughter Macy is 6. She also likes to play sports, and she loves to scrapbook--go figure! I also have a 20 year-old son named Blake, and of course, he has been the subject of many of my projects, as well. 
Professionally, I teach Statistics full-time at UTA, and have been there for 13 years. 
Overall, I enjoy people, I am crazy about my family and friends, I love to scrapbook, and I am super excited to meet you at The Crafty Scrapper, hopefully in one of my classes!"



Check out this photo of her "Girl's Paperie Album" class coming up Thursday, May 12th at 6 pm and Saturday, June 4th at 3 pm. 
This fun "Girls' Paperie"  tag/envelope album is the perfect class to practice
your stamping skills.  We will be using several new Tim Holtz stamps
to decorate this fun album, as well as a new stamp set from Ten Seconds
Studio.  We also use Tim Holtz's new dies, and tissue tape to adorn our
pages.  This book uses beautiful ribbon and contrasting colors to
provide sweet delight.
     I'll be teaching this class at The Crafty Scrapper in Waxahachie on Thursday, May 12th at 6:00 pm, and also Saturday, June 4th at 3:00 pm. The cost is $38.  Call 972-923-3151 to sign up!






1 comment:

Melissa Sauls said...

Welcome Shelley! Your book is absolutely gorgeous and I'm such a sucker for Girls Paperie. :)