Tuesday, May 03, 2011

My Sunshine -by Dee Dee

I designed this sweet summery album using the "Mix and Mend" collection by Sassafras Lass. These papers are designed with a lot of layers so they're super easy to work with for beginning scrappers. 


I wanted the colors to look like sand, the sun, and the ocean so I mixed in different Prima embellishments and painted the album to coordinate.  Here are a few sneak peeks. 


I did some masking, and paper piecing. 


I layered Maya Road chipboard and flowers over pictures of my kids at the zoo last summer. 


I created this sweet chipboard banner to accentuate the photo of my daughter playing near the penguins, her favorite animal. 


I tucked in a few scraps from our trips into this little pocket I created with paper layering. 

I am going to be teaching it as a class at The Crafty Scrapper May 28th at 2:30 pm. Call the store to sign up or reserve a kit if you're interested. :) 

1 comment:

Melissa Sauls said...

Ack! I love, love, love this Dee Dee!!!! I want to take the class!