Monday, May 23, 2011

Maya Road Mini: Spotlight on Ginger

You may have seen this sweet mini album near the register at The Crafty Scrapper. This sweet mini was created by design team member Ginger Cameron. She shares the design process below. :) 

I decided since the album said Home that I needed to show images of my home and the family.  I first painted the album green, inked it, and papered it with Basic Grey patterned papers. Notice the sweet diamond stickles along the edges.
This page is the front of my home.  I just love how cozy it looks and the American Flag.  I used October Afternoon alphabet stickers "Where Your Story Begins" and then a die cut by K & Company.
I then decided to show that we often have our little grandchildren come to visit with us.

On these two pages I wanted to show that at Christmas time I do alot of decorating and the photo on the left is our mantel.  I used Chestnut Roan Ink on the paper and then added embellshments.  On the right is our Christmas tree and we also had Santa and his helper show up to surprise the grandchildren.


On these two pages I added photos of Easter.  They all come over the day before and we all will decorate eggs!  The grandchildren really enjoy this activity.  Of course the moms have to help as well.  On the left is my grandson and his mom.  I inked the paper and then added chipboard house and letters which I painted.  I then added a little key and flower.  On the right is Paityn and her mom and Kenzie and her mom.  Love this sweet Maya Road ribbon flower.


The photos on the left is our home when it is snowing (which is almost never) and our grandson who built a little snowman.  Just looking at the photos gives me the shivers because it was soooo cold.  On the right are the grandchildren in our hot tub and having a great time.  Whether it is cold or hot they love getting in there to play around.


These two pages show our family.  The first photo is my hubby and myself and then our four children and their families.

This last page has pictures of our beautiful rose bush that blooms during this time of the year until the weather turns very cold normally in mid November.  I also found a little squirrel sitting in a little pot eating an acorn.  I inked the papers and then added rose lace by Maya Roads and a little bow.  

Thank you for taking a peek!

Ginger

2 comments:

Susie Moore said...

Your work is perfect as always. I love everything you do!

Susie Moore said...

I love everything you do. The Crafty Scrapper is lucky to have you designing for them! You are my scrapbooking hero!