Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Spotlight on Designer Patty Rogers

If you've been into The Crafty Scrapper this week you were likely ooohing and ahhing over this fabulous banner from design team member Patty Rogers. 





Hi! My name is Patty Rogers and I am a big fan of The Crafty Scrapper. I never mind driving there from Arlington because it is the best scrapbook store in all of Texas! Believe me; I’ve been to many of them. What a joy it is to see the latest supplies here and think of ways to use them. 
My wonderful husband supports and encourages my scrappy "addiction", and so do our two grown children, Lee and Elizabeth. My family is the joy of my life and the subject of much of my scrapbooking. When I’m not working on layouts of my immediate family, I enjoy going through my mother’s pictures of our ancestors. The stories and pictures that she has shared with me make our family tree come alive.
Officially, I’ve been scrapbooking for about twenty years, but my scrapbooking began while in grade school, and I still have the first album that I made then! New techniques and products are of great interest to me and I consider myself lucky to live during a time when resources for scrapbookers are plentiful and ever-changing. The giant steps that have been made in the last few years in the scrapbooking industry amaze me. I rely heavily on the training I received at Texas Christian University, where I majored in education and minored in art. The challenge of creating scrapbook art that hopefully will be cherished by generations to come drives me to tell the stories of my family and friends in an interesting and creative way.

 Here are some close-up photos of Patty's banner if you're interested in creating it for your mantle or wall. 




Supply List: 

Maya Road Metal Accents Collection: Bottle Caps "Super Mega"
Maya Road Alphabet Chipboards "Philadelphia - Lowercase"
Ranger Ink - Tim Holtz - Distress Crackle Paint - Peeled Paint
Maya Road Mists: Sunflower Yellow and Seafoam Green
Maya Road Trinket Blossoms
Prima Fairytale Roses, Buttercup
Ribbon: May Arts
Patterned Paper: Glitz Designs

Stop by The Crafty Scrapper or call in an order to make this for yourself! 

You can see more of Patty's work on her blog






No comments: