Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Hi. My Name Is Carolyn.

Well I guess I get to go first, I will start with a little personal history and why I decided to open a store.

I am married to a wonderful husband, Floyd of 15 years. We owned a antique and gift shop for 7 years. After 10 years of trying to conceive, our miracle child Denton was finally here. I decided to close the business and stay home, that's when I discovered scrapbooking. I wanted to record every moment of Denton's life, including his cord when it fell off. Me and my friends would get together on Friday nights and scrapbook on my dinning room table. Our favorite tool at the time was Fiskar's templates and foam flowers. And those foam flowers are back in style. After realizing Denton would be starting school soon, I started thinking about things to do. Our local scrapbook store was closing and after MANY MANY days and nights of prayer I started my journey as the owner of The Crafty Scrapper. And a journey it has been. We have gone from 2200 sq. ft of store and 1 croproom to 4500 sq. ft, 2 croprooms, a coffee lounge area, online store, 3 employees, 2 teachers and 8 awesome designers. I am very blessed to have this team of girls and wonderful customers that just make my day when then come in. We try really hard to stay up on the industry, help new scrapbookers and challenge the expert scrapbooker.

OK enough of all the info, here are some recent projects I have worked on. Everyone knows I don't get to scrapbook a lot, but I love making things for people. Our dear friend Marie took this picture and I love how she captured that day, it is of my son and her daughter Madenline. It is a canvas from canvas concepts 12x12, Daisy D's paper and rubon, Imaginisce gems, Maya Roads Chipboard and I sewed the photo on the paper.


This next one isn't actually new, its 2 years old. It is one of my favorite things I have done and sits in my kitchen, and yes that is a muffin tin. I used AMM twill, Basic Grey paper and photos from our favorite place to go in the fall, Country Critters!




Tag your it Annette....your turn!

4 comments:

Susie said...

love love love the muffin tin!

Susie

Sherri said...

both show your creativity well.

annetteprudhomme said...

As you say...it's HOT!!! You're the best!

Dee Dee said...

The muffin tin is very creative. :)

That canvas is so sweet. What a cool memory to keep around.