Thursday, August 16, 2007

Hi I am Isla.....

I have been an avid scrapbooker for over 10 years. I loved it so much that when given an opportunity to start a retail business in something I enjoyed, I chose Scrapbooking. I ran a very successful scrapbook business for over three years. I decided to take a break from retail and have enjoyed scrapbooking my own things for a while. My style of scrapbooking is one of clean lines. My favorite scrapbooking subject is my granddaughter Natalie. Natalie is pretty well known in this area since my layouts of her have been on display at either my store or this store since Natalie was very young.

One of my other passions is the breast cancer cause. My daughter walks in this each year. Last year we coordinated the crop for the cure, which raised nearly $1500.00. This year we hope to beat that amount. It has turned out to be a very popular event at the store. On display at the store right now is a book I did a couple of years ago about my daughter's walk along with prizes for raffle drawings. It should be a fun day at the store.

My husband and I also belong to a group that enjoys old cars and we like to travel. Needless to say, we stay busy and have many friends in the area that we enjoy spending time with.

This book is one I did recently of Natalie's favorite things at age 10. I used the Love Elsie Roxie line of papers and embellishments.




3 comments:

Sherri said...

Such a great book. Always so neat!

annetteprudhomme said...

What can we say...you are the original inspiration for so many. The store, your style, your encouragement. I'm thankful you're on the team!!!

Dee Dee said...

This reminds me I have that album to do something with. Thanks for the inspiration. :)