Monday, July 07, 2014

Summer Time Banner with Amy

Hi y'all, it's Amy and today I have a taste of summer to share with you.

Few things in life make me happier than a new paper line from Bo Bunny. Gena down at The Crafty Scrapper has the power to make me smile just by sending me a teaser text that there might be new Bo Bunny afoot in the store. This line, Lemonade Stand, was no exception. The bright colors and the summertime message can't help but make you think of longer days, time with kids, and traveling.
I wanted to do a banner and I wanted the 3D effect I love so much. My solution with this Maya Road skinny banner was to use Maya Road scallops, glued together and paper covered, to connect the banner pieces and raise up the non-scalloped pages. It had the bonus effect of giving me one solid piece cause banners that get all twisted up drive me a little nutty.

Nothing is complete without a pile of flowers. Here the Prima flowers and Bo Bunny Lemonade Stand embellies make a perfect compliment.



I will admit it, I had to turn to YouTube to figure out how to make an actual pinwheel. here I double layered the pinwheel to make it stand out and used it to highlight the "Catching Some Rays" sticker I pulled from the Bo Bunny sticker sheet.


All my favorite things about summer! Swimming, ice cream, and BBQ's with the family. Again, just love how all the bright happy colors came together.

Summer, summer, and more summer! I am usually challenged with banners to have a "centerpiece" with each panel. On this one I went a little crazy and just put together all the parts I liked and let it come together as the center. Here again I worked the flowers and premade brads together and the pink flower is die cut acrylic that has been stamped and painted.


Whatever summer means to you, I hope that this paper line and banner bring a smile to your face. Check out The Crafty Scrapper for all you need to capture your summertime!

Happy scrappin' y'all!

Amy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful bright colored banner!! Such fun!!