Tuesday, July 08, 2014

July layout with Patty

Happy July, everyone! It's Patty again with a layout for The Crafty Scrapper design team. I know that many of you took some great photos on The Fourth of July and want to scrapbook them. I have just the solution for you! The Crafty Scrapper has a fun patriotic collection by Doodlebug Design called Patriotic Parade. This collection is loaded with beautiful papers, stickers and embellishments, and so much fun to use for a masculine, feminine, family or adult layout.
  


First, I cut, punched and inked several strips of the gorgeous  patterned papers from this collection and used a little Prima ink over a mask by Crafter's Workshop and let it dry. After that, I spritzed some Maya Mist in areas that would be seen and not hidden by the paper strips and photo. Then, I applied white modeling paste (Liquitex) over a Prima mask and let it dry. Next, I mixed some  Maya Mist into the modeling paste  and applied it between the white zig-zags. It has the look of red and white stripes...only with a zig-zag pattern. After that, I used one of my Stamper's Annonomous stamps to emboss the background paper by Authentique.




The felt flower is by Maya Road and the tiny pearls are by Doodle Bug Designs. The ribbon is by May Arts and is also available at The Crafty Scrapper.




This little garland of stars, sticker and  multi layered pinwheel stickers by Doodle Bug Designs are so much fun and bring texture and dimension to any page or card.




The border punch is by Martha Stewart and adds a nice touch to any page or card. Just a little note here about the photos. I have had this photo of my son and daughter for about 28 years and it had a lot of brown tones in the background, which I didn't think went well with the look of this page, so I scanned it, printed it, then cut away the background. I was surprised at how well it turned out, and will most likely use this technique occasionally in future layouts.















No comments: