Tuesday, November 08, 2011

HAPPY HOLIDAY


Those of you who are cat lovers understand why this layout is so dear to me. This precious little kitty was just as beautiful on the inside as he was on the outside. Seven years ago we lost our precious Hercules. For a long time, I could not do any scrapbook pages about him, but I finally conquered my emotions and much to my surprise, found that doing layouts about "Herkie" actually helped me deal with our loss. 

The Merry Christmas Collection by BEST CREATIONS INC. was deligntful to work with. It gives a bit of a vintage look to any project using traditional Christmas colors. Other papers included are BASIC GREY'S Basic Manilla Paper Pack and BAZILL BASICS cardstock "Jade". Embellishments used are PRIMA's "Medley Spray" (Midas), MAYA ROAD "Organza Roses" ribbon, COSMO CRICKET's "Dear Mr. Claus" collection's cardstock stickers, canvas fabric from my "stash" and MAYA ROAD's "Snowflake Chipboard Set". 

Paints, inks and stencils used here are KRYLON 18kt. Gold Leaf Pen, MAYA ROAD'S Maya Mist, RANGER INK- INKSSENTIALS Crackle Accents, TATTERED ANGELS Glimmer Mist and  glimmer screen "Fanciful Stencils" and TIM HOLTZ mask "Seasonal". Other products used are MARTHA STEWART Punch Around The Page "Holly Leaves" and ZIG writer "Hunter Green". 

Thanks, everyone, for taking a peek at my latest creation!

No comments: