Wednesday, June 01, 2011

To Days Gone By by Patty Rogers

Check out this beautiful layout going to the convention! :) 

This layout will be featured at The Crafty Scrapper Booth at the Great American Scrapbook Convention next weekend at the Arlington Convention Center. This heritage LO that I did for The Crafty Scrapper DT was a joy to create. The Iron Orchid Design patterned paper by Creative Imaginations is absolutely DELICIOUS! As some of you may know, I am a slow scrapbooker...LOL, and this layout was no exception. After determining where I wanted the picture and the embellies to be, I began work on the paper by  The Girls Paperie called Vintage Whimsy. I wanted to bring more black into the LO to coordinate the colors from the CI paper, so I decided to use a Tim Holtz mask and a little Glimmer Mist to make the background a gunmetal gray and somewhat shimmery. After the paper was dry, I began working on hand stitching around the flourish created by the masking. Can you tell that I love details? I fancy cut the frame portion of the Creative Imaginations paper, then glued it to black card stock and trimmed around that. Next, I machine stitched around the edges to create a little more interest. Depth is something that I wanted to use in this LO so I popped up the CI paper and set it aside. The frame around the picture is cut, wet distressed, inked and folded. While that was drying I painted the beautiful "Hanging Plaque" wooden flourish by Kaiser Craft, using Ranger Ink Tim Holtz crackle paint (Black Soot). Since this is a heritage LO distressing and inking played a big part in the overall look. To ink around the edges, I used "Victorian Velvet" by Tim Holtz Distress Ink. After putting all the layers together I added the lovely embellies by Prima: Heart Desire Cameo and Sugar Blooms (Botanical, Sparkling and Madeline). Several of the embellies are by The Girls Paperie. For the finishing touch I hand lettered the title and placed the little plack in just the right place! Voila!!! The people in the picture are my maternal great grandparents.














See you at the convention! :) 

2 comments:

rebecca said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love all the texture and the details!

Ms. Ruin said...

This is amazing!