Tuesday, July 08, 2008

My 1st Bunco Night.............

A couple of weeks ago a good friend asked me to be apart of a Bunco group, believe it or not I have never played. I am also shy about going places were I do not know anyone, yes I know thats hard to believe, but its true. But I thought why not it would be good for me to meet new people. The first night was Luau night and you had to dress Luau and make a Luau dish. As my friend Marie has gotten me hooked on google, I found this recipe.
Chicken Wraps
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts halves
1/2 pound bacon
1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
18 fluid ounces teriyaki sauce

1. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. Wrap with about 1/3 slice of bacon, thread onto toothpick, and top with pineapple chunk. Marinate for 4 hours or longer in teriyaki sauce.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
3. Place marinated appetizers onto parchment lined baking sheets. Bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is done and bacon golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve hot.

With a little Kale and some bright summer flowers, you have a great Luau dish!
I selected not to post a picture of my outfit, but I did actually win "best Luau outfit". I had a blast, and so enjoyed meeting new people....its good to step out of our confort zone. Now I have to come up with a theme for the night I host....any ideas?

5 comments:

Brook said...

How awesome! I loved playing bunco but all the people that were in my group moved away! We used to have couples Bunco. I really love the recipe! I so want to see your outfit!

Brook said...

Oh....I forgot! My ideas....You Know Your a Redneck Night....Glamazons from Outerspace...A Night Fit for a Queen....Bugs Life...and a favorite teacher night is Guess My Fairy Tale or Nursery Rhyme Night.

Stacie said...

that recipe looks yummy!!! Might have to try that!! I want to see your outfit too!!!

Linda Gothard said...

We play bunco with two bunco groups and I love the idea of theme night. We stopped for the summer with everyone traveling but will resume in September and I am hosting. I will definitely try your recipe in September.

Angie Moses said...

do a 70's night...with Fondue! It would be tons of fun. Can't wait to try this chicken recipe!