Sunday, July 06, 2008

Happy LATE 4th of July......

Sorry this is late but we have been on the lake with no phones or computers...so here is a little sparkle wishing you a Happy 4th, hope everyone had a great weekend!

If you have been to the shop lately, you probably know that Nolan and I bought a camper last week. We have been saving for one and a perfect camper came our way. I was off to the dollar store (LOVE this place) bought everything we needed so we could always have it stocked and ready to go. Thursday we left for Big Brown to camp. We have always enjoyed camping in a tent, but at 40, we have decided it was time to move up to a camper. And after this weekend I am here to tell you I LOVE THIS CAMPER. We had so much fun we didn't want to come home.
We swam, relaxed, ate, visited with friends and family and fished all weekend, at one point Nolan and I each had 3 fishing poles going. And of course Denton had his Superman pole!
On Friday some family came out to visit and brought their boat. Michael, who owned the boat was Denton's new BFF. He rode that tube forever and was never scared. At one point his little body was bobbing up and down and I couldn't tell if he was OK or not, he then yelled "GO FASTER"! So now he wants us to save for a boat and tube, he says its better than Flip Fusion.

People who know me, know that I grew up on the water. All my Uncles owned boats and raced them, I would spend all summer up at their house. I learned how to ski at 10years old and by 15 was doing tricks on a single ski. But that was 25 years ago and of course I was in better shape, so when I was asked if I wanted to ski, I thought "OH NO it will never happen!" Well guess what?
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????


YES I did it, and I even got up on the second try. I guess its like riding a bike, you do not forget. I will tell you that my ankles, back, legs, everything hurts today....BUT it was SOOOO worth it.
Hope you all had a great weekend too! We have already planned our next lake trip in two weeks, you guys may not see me much this summer........

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stacie said...

WOOHOO!! You go girl!! Glad you had a great time!!

Sherri said...

the water looks soooo good. Glad you relaxed and played.

Brook said...

You look like you are having a blast! I so want to scrap a pict of you skiing! You look like you got a lot of sun too! I am so glad you got away and had great family time with no fun or computers!