Thursday, February 27, 2014

Vintage Fun with Melissa

Hi everyone, it's Melissa here today
to share a project with you!
I HAD A BLAST with these papers and was amazed at how 
many of my EXISTING supplies complimented the Authentique line. 

 I was a bit on the fence as to whether or not to pick up the vintage frame die (leaves are a no brainer, they go on EVERYTHING) --- however with the finished project, the picture I used was a bit bigger than the frame - no worries -- I just cut the frame to stick out the sides of the picture as if I was being quirky and meant to have the frame BEHIND the picture !!

  
 I tried and tried and tried to capture the details on this FAB flower -- it turned out SOOO much better than I imagined.   I love Maya Road's Iridescent Pearl spray - it is just the right amount of glimmer to anything.. fabric, paper, you name it!  Then I traced along the edges of Maya's burlap rose with Icicle Stickles ... it seriously transformed the flower  -- grab a look see at the store.   

 
 For the Tim Holtz Leaf die, I used teh fun flower paper, traced the edges with a paint pin and spritzed it with the Iridescent Pearl spray. For the frame, I just used the Authentique solid pink paper, stamped with a handwriting stamp, then rubbed the distress ink around the edges for depth. 


As many of the Waxahachie area people know, our dear friend Shawna Mathis' daughter Avery was in an accident just before Christmas and was in ICU for over a week with severe burns.   She was on my heart so much when I was playing with the Authentique line that my initial project was geared toward her.   I just had to give it to her early so it will not be on display at the store.    I used several of the techniques above but wanted to highlight a few differences


The frame is cereal chipboard with Authentique paper and hand writing stamp.  
The flowers are a crepe paper material and available at the store - adding the infamous Iridescent Spray added SO much!
Try cutting out the individual words of a quote and tracing the paper in one color and outlining the square after they have been adhered...  
 

Thanks for looking and let me know if you try anything outside your comfort zone.... I am glad I did. 
Have fun
Melissa




3 comments:

A SASSY SCRAPPER said...

Melissa, your two cards are both stunning! You certainly are demonstrating your mastery of card making......thanks for sharing your talent. Blessings for Avery, too....Patty

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

AWESOME! I love your style!

Renee Stien said...

Such beautiful pages, Melissa - well done!