Sunday, February 16, 2014

3-D Party Box from Amy

Good morning,, it's Amy here today to share a fun 3-D project with you!
 
This project celebrates my daughter's birth-day! I am so blessed to have given birth to such a beautiful, mischievous, smart, and funny creature!  I can't possibly tell her often enough how much she makes me smile and how proud I am of her. She turned 12 in December and I still can't believe how quickly the years are flying by. I know I am going to blink and she'll be going away to college and projects like this - where I dig out the collection of growing up pictures - gave me the moment I needed to slow down and remember all the ways I love her so.
I had a lot of fun with this Authentique Wishes Collection paper. I knew I wanted to do something out of the ordinary and when I saw Maya Roads banner album hanging on the shelf at The Crafty Scrapper all I saw was a party hat! And of course my "how can I make it 3D" brain then kicked in shortly after. The result? See for yourself!


I cut blank chipboard the width of the banner pieces and adhered together with masking tape with a small gap between the pieces to allow it to bend. I did this twice, gluing together the two squares once covered and inked to create the "box". I chose to only layer up one of the four out facing sides to make it clear where the front was when you untied the top to take a peek inside....


This is the center of the open box - and of course my favorite picture of my all grown up girl! I cut out one of the sayings on the Wishes paper and adhered to chipboard for a raised effect. I also trimmed it in Maya Road zipper trim. Featured on this page is Prima pearls and flowers, Paper Blooms from Kaisercraft, and Tim Holtz metal.



I covered a Maya Road paper doily in Tim Holtz Distress Glitter (Broken China Blue), and layered up more of the stickers from the Wishes collection.


Maya Road numbers and Prima pearls take center stage here with the birth date. It was a Happy Day!


More Tim Holtz metal and Paper Blooms by Kaisercraft along with a Maya Road mini ruler.


This project is on display at The Crafty Scrapper!
Happy Scrappin'! :)

No comments: