Monday, October 21, 2013

More Halloween Inspiration

Happy Monday!
 
After I made my Halloween Box I had all the boxes left that where in the configuration box, so I decided to create this fun funky display.
 
 
 
I took Tim Holtz new Poisonous Stamp, and stamped around the outside and back of the each box. You can also use a variety of background stamps to create a collage look. I used a wood grain stamp to stamp the front edges of the box.


 
These boxes are really easy to put paper inside with this formula.
Add side + side + width - 1/8inch =
Add side + side + height - 1/8inch =
The boxes are slightly smaller in the bottom, this is why you want to cut down 1/8 on each side. After you have cut your squares, score each side at the 1 1/2 mark or side measurement. Crease each score line and cut out each corner as shown above. Fold paper and slide into each box, easy peasy! Make sure that you attach the wheel to the bottom box before you glue the paper in that box.
 
 
I used a Halloween sticker, Maya Road bottles for this box.
 
 
I stamped a ticket out, inked a chipboard pumpkin and another bottle.
 
 
Using Tim Holtz Alteration die mini spider/31, I cut out a spider, inked and added some bling eyes and glued to the top of the box.
 
 
I love using my stamps for embellishments. I stamped out this funky witch from Tim Holtz set Retro and used the distress markers to color her in. Finished her off with a little purple flower.
 
 
I glittered the chipboard letters with Tim Holtz new black soot distress glitter and twisted a little piece of Maya Road burlap trim in the back.
 
 
This is Fred! To create him, I stamped him out twice from Tim Holtz Retro stamp set and cut him in pieces making sure that they would overlap when put together with brads. Using brads makes Fred mobile so you can move him in all different poses. I then glued his side to the side of the box.
 
I had fun making this, sometimes you just have to let your imagination go!
 
~ Carolyn
 

4 comments:

Lisa C said...

Love it! You are so crafty!

Unknown said...

Great idea!!!

Unknown said...

Great idea!!!

GEM said...

You're so much fun!! Thanx for all the crafty ideas!!