Monday, July 21, 2014

Live, Laugh, Love Layout with Melissa

Melissa here with more vintage obsessions.  
Today’s fixation is the vintage photobooth pictures combined with the amazing Tim Holtz die cuts and papers by Authentique and Echo Park.   The pictures along with the  'live laugh love' block from the Echo Park set made me wonder about their lives and from the ones I chose, it looks like they were able to display each value.




 

Everyone knows I love the clock die cut, but the new "Trellis" may just be in the running for the favorite!  I already have a ziplock to hold all the middle inserts because it is way too much fun to mix and match. 
It is a pretty simple layout and the longest part was trying to decide which photos to use (some from my stash and some from my friend the internet and some from my friend Tumblefish Studio).  
No real in depth techniques other than trying to decide which colors of ink ( Peeled Paint, Tea Dye, Stazon and Saffron).   Yes, mentally I sent a note to Wendy Vecchi thanking her for the Saffron Archival ink.  The second time consumer was trying to decide which swirls, stamps, etc -- once all that was done, just glue it all down.   The store has the most amazing selection of backgrounds, swirls, and 'messy' stamps... go have a look and tell them I sent ya ;)
… and doodling, nothing beats the Signo white pen and my most wonderful husband went out in the rain to pick up new pens for me when my last 2 ran out (he was on his way to the post office so I thought it wouldn’t hurt to ask).   Before adding the squiggle lines (yes, it is a technical term) and the dots, well, the pictures just looked like I was just trying to shove my favorite photo booth picts on a page (which I was, but still wanted it to be visually appealing).   Give it a shot!
My other new fav are the Maya Road wooden accents covered with Distress Stain and then traced with Icicle Stickles.  (I had butterflies, but I think I may need to strip off the trial layers of paint and use for another layout… whoops).  Then I can't tell you how much I played around with arranging the flowers - thought about making some with the papers, but sometimes, the store bought flowers are JUST what is needed.
Anyhoo – Thanks for looking and hopefully this has lit the light of inspiration.  Until next time.