Thursday, May 15, 2014

Boy Fun Mini Album with Amy

Hi y'all! It's Amy again with a bit of little boy fun today.  I have to admit, when I first saw Crate Paper Boys' Rule collection, I was stumped. You see my sweet Lee came into my life after the Gameboy and video game phase of his life. I remember those days with my little brother many many moons ago but that was WAY before we were in the "grab a camera and remember it" way of life that we currently exist in. Dare I age myself and say it was before Instagram?? :)

I got out the blank chipboard and cut this way and that. I first saw a 3D car, but my creative skills didn't expand that far. Tried to build a robot but nope no luck there either. As I sat and stared at this paper I knew I just had to wait for the light bulb. I finally picked up on the Gameboy shape of some extra album pages laying on my table. From there, I was off.

Before I put on the paper I painted the background paper with chalkboard paint and cut out this frame from extra chipboard. The monsters are also Crate Paper embellies.

Now I am one of those odd people that sometimes like making projects that DON'T have any pictures in it. Since I didn't have any of the boy kind that fit this paper anyway, I went the "conversation piece" route with this one. I deconstructed one of the Crate Paper embellies and put the accordion from a flower around a Maya Road bottle cap to make this totally awesome flower.


I left the back of all three of the interior pieces blank for two reasons. One, space inside the box. Two, so that pictures could be added if I gift this project to any of my friends who do have video game carrying little boys.

This project is on display down at The Crafty Scrapper!

happy scrappin'!

No comments: