Monday, August 25, 2008

First day of school...............

It's hard to believe my baby is in 1st grade. He is blessed to be going to Waxahachies newest school, Felty Elementary. We love the principal, staff and his new teacher, what more can you ask for! His teacher is pretty lucky too, she doesn't know it yet, but she has 2 BIG scrapbooking moms in her class that love to make things for their child's teacher.This year we decided Denton needed more responsibility, so he is making his own lunch the night before and picking out his clothes (this cuts down on the drama in the morning). He has his own alarm clock to wake him up, today I hide behind the door and watched him wake up, turn it off, sit up, rub his eyes awake, then he looked at me with a big smile....tears came and I thought "what a little guy, all grown up".
Hope everyone has a wonderful first day of school!

2 comments:

Angie Moses said...

I remember 1st grade with mine...take time and enjoy it! I know everyone tells you - but you'll turn around and he'll be all grown up before you know it!!! I never believed it until my oldest graduated last year!

Sherri said...

Such a big step! I know you are treasuring the memories!